Exide Technologies Plant Financial Analyst in Muncie, Indiana
Exide Technologies, a world leader in battery manufacturing, is looking for a full-time Plant Accountant to assist the Plant Controller on the Southside of Muncie, Indiana. The loction is 35 North of Fishers, Indiana.
Responsibilities include auditing, updating and analyzing cost data to detect control deficiencies, liabilities, or non-compliance to controls; assist in monthly closings, analysis of costs, weekly inventory adjustments and the preparation of the budget; and assist plant controller with financial analysis, reporting, forecasting, month end, and reconciliations of plant assets and expenses. Candidates must possess strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft applications, analytical skills, and excellent communication skills. Salary based on 3-7 years’ experience. Advance degree preferred, but not required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Analyze plant and distribution center cost data to determine performance to goals and prepare and distribute periodic reports to management: scrap, inventory, production, spending, and labor utilization
· Audit hourly payroll administration and accounts payable systems to ensure system integrity, conformance to company policies, and compliance to municipal, state, and federal laws
· Prepare and reconcile general ledger accounts and expense accruals
· Audit capital projects, track spending by project, communicate with project managers, close projects upon completion, and coordinate with Corporate
· Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems to ensure transactional efficiencies and cost effectiveness
· Examine payroll, accounting, and financial information to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to procedural and reporting standards and report variances to the Plant Controller
· Audit plant spending to comply with Accounting Department rules and procedures
· Provide backup to the payroll administration and accounts payable systems
· Manage annual inventory audits.
· Perform all other work as assigned by the Controller
· Required Skills: Problem solving and completing tasks on time.
· Kronos experience helpful
QUALIFICATIONS- EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business related field with 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing accounting. Demonstrated proficiency in Advance Excel and Accounting. JD Edwards experience a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand walk, use hand and fingers to touch and grip work materials; reach with hands and arms; communicate verbally and in writing by use of electronic word processing and written reports.
· 80% of the time is percent sitting at computer. 20% walking or standing.
· May require weekly visits to inside Plant.
· Must wear uniform, safety glasses and steel toes shoes when in the plant.
· Must be able to wear a half face respirator when necessary.
Exide is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.
Requisition ID 2018-1845
Position Type Regular Full-Time