Exide Technologies Strategic Account Manager - Transportation in Mississauga, Ontario
Great opportunity for a go getter and enthusiastic sales professional looking to expand their
career within a Global organization! We are seeking an experienced Account Manager to join
our team that can hit the ground running. You will be responsible for building and maintaining
strong relationships with key accounts to achieve Exide’s business goals. You will also work in
partnership with our regional sales managers to increase Exide’s sales and profitability. The
position will interact with other Exide personnel to explore and share best practices throughout
the organization. The successful individual will have demonstrated ability to work on a cross-
functional basis across business units and within the corporation.
As an Account Manager, you should be organized, able to analyze sales performance metrics,
have good negotiation skills and the ability to build and foster long-term relationships with
This position is based in Mississauga, ON and requires up to 50% travel per business needs. You
will be assigned current customers, but ultimately the expectation is for you to develop new
accounts to constantly grow the business.
To meet and exceed our expectations, the successful candidate will bring a solid, in-depth,
knowledge of the transportation batteries, as well as already established relationships within
the industry. You should be able to understand our target customer base and who we cater to.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, bonus, and an opportunity to make an impact.
If you like to work hard, take initiative, be creative, are a strategist, and have established
relationships who count on you for their continued success, this would be an ideal fit for you!
Network with key customers to identify and address specific needs.
- Prospect, identify, qualify, and target accounts fitting the transportation aftermarket
- Develop strategies which enable Exide to approach customers with a unified sales
- Serve as the primary contact to the field by providing personal sales visits, resolving
issues, and communicating information regarding assigned accounts.
- Ensure coverage of national accounts through Regional Sales Managers as well as
internal support staff.
- Identify and attract prospective strategic customers and ensure brand consistency as
well as negotiate contracts based on collection and analyzation of sales data and trends.
- Assist to control working capital, including overdue accounts receivables and operate
within an acceptable sales-to-expense ratio.
- Forecast and track sales activity for assigned accounts. Stay up-to-date with internal and
external developments and suggest new ways to increase sales. Act as the liaison
between customers and internal teams ensuring clients’ requirements are met.
- Advise in the development of national sales tools and complete projects and reports in a
timely fashion. Liaise with the Marketing department to set and implement strategies
for new products.
- Perform additional tasks and functions as determined by the VP of Sales; examples
include, but are not limited to, representing Exide at trade shows, helping train new
account managers, and presenting at sales meetings.
Strong written, communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- An outstanding track record of, influencing others and decisions while making a positive
Energy, initiative, and results orientation
A progressively responsible career history and demonstrated success in territory sales or
key account management.
- A high level of business acumen and the quantitative/analytical capacity to understand
complex sales processes.
- Skills to effectively use CRM tools in managing opportunities, win/loss of projects, and
- Collaboration with Account team to execute the Account strategy and programs in the
- Strategic selling skills, effective negotiating skills, and commitment to customers are
- Collaborative work style, one that solicits ideas and shares information to develop
creative solutions and winning strategies across the Exide sales organization.
- Resourcefulness and creativity, with excellent time management and organizational
- Technical competency and be PC proficient, including Salesforce.com, standard business
software and the Internet.
Integrity, team orientation and desire to over achieve.
Degree /Diploma in business or a related field is required.
Five (5) years of previous Major Accounts Selling and a minimum of one (1) year
automotive aftermarket industry required.
Travel, other requirements
- Estimated overnight travel for the position is 50%.
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Requisition ID 2019-2241