Exide Technologies 2020 Summer Intern - IT Infrastructure in Milton, Georgia
Exide Technologies is a $2.7 Billion global leader in stored electrical energy solutions, including batteries and associated equipment and services for the transportation and industrial markets. We’ve been in business for 130 years, have 9,000 employees, and a presence in more than 80 countries.
Exide's corporate headquarters is located just north of Atlanta in Milton, GA. The internship will begin in May of 2020 and end in August 2020 and will be full time (40 hours a week). This is a paid opportunity but housing is not provided so you must have both housing and transportation.
Our environment is casual but professional and our interns are exposed to many Senior level leaders. If this sounds good to you, then it’s your time to shine! We don’t want our interns to sit on the sidelines – we want you to challenge us and provide creative ways to approach projects.
● Assist with planning of Global datacenter move project planned for FY2020
● Support the IT team in maintaining hardware, software, and other systems
● Assist with troubleshooting issues and provide technical support
● Organize and maintain IT resources
● Lend IT support in areas such as backups, monitoring, networking and server
Specific duties could include:
● Imaging and configuration of employee laptops and desktops
● Troubleshooting issues with onsite IT equipment such as laptops/desktops, printers and conference room AV devices
● Working with our backup infrastructure to ensure physical backups are cataloged and shipped off-site per our backup policies.
● Reviewing alerts from monitoring tools and working with engineers to investigate and resolve as needed
● Assisting with installation, management and removal of datacenter equipment such as cabling, UPS and other infrastructure devices.
● Documenting and cataloging existing IT infrastructure to ensure records and inventory are up to date
We are looking for rising Juniors or Seniors working towards BS in Information Technology or other related degrees and a GPA of 3.0 or greater.
● Strong interest in a career in IT
● Strong verbal and written communication
● Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
● Ability to work well in teams
● Strong work ethic and attention to detail
● A casual but professional environment.
● Gain hands-on experience in an IT position
● Shadowing and training experiences with knowledgeable professionals
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.
Requisition ID 2019-2475
Category Information Technology
Position Type Intern (Part Time)