Exide Technologies EHS Technician in Los Angeles, California
This position will be responsible to review, evaluate, and analyze work environments and assist in the design of programs and procedures to control, eliminate, and prevent injury caused by physical, chemical, or ergonomic factors. Duties will include, but not be limited to: Assess and evaluate plant conditions for H&S compliance, conduct or manage inspections and enforce adherence to laws and regulations governing health and safety.
It is imperative that the EH&S technician maintain professionalism while working in this capacity.
• Assist in the leading of the plant safety program and drive positive safety culture.
• Attend, complete, or conduct training or programs related to safety and employee wellness.
• Conduct new-hire employee & contractor safety orientation.
• Provide oversight for field Corrective Action Plan monthly and quarterly cleaning.
• Provide assistance to the Exide team for enclosure, demolition and testing activities.
• Assist with safety inspections, investigations, audits and corrective action planning.
• Assist with monitor the activities of the various lead industrial hygiene tasks.
• Support "right-to-know" programs regarding hazardous chemicals and other substances.
• Maintain H&S files and records to ensure compliance with all applicable H&S policies and regulations.
• Assist in the management of H&S compliance programs in accordance with Federal, State, and local regulations.
• Interact professionally with auditors and inspectors.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Minimum of an Associate’s Degree (Bachelor Preferred) in Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science, Industrial Safety or related field.
40-hr Hazwoper training preferred.
Prefer 3-5 years industrial safety experience.
Weekend work will be scheduled each quarter.
Working knowledge of OSHA and EPA Regulations.
Knowledge of proper protocol for exposure monitoring preferred.
Proficient with MS Office Products (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook, and Word)
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, colleagues, contractors and government agency representatives.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to fumes, dust, and airborne particles.
While some work will be performed in an office setting, the majority of the time the employee will be required to be in the plant enclosure buildings, where additional exposure is likely.
Noise levels in the plant enclosure buildings are high.
All employees are required to wear full face respirators inside the manufacturing facility.
Qualified candidates must be able to sit, stand, walk, bend, and climb with minimal effort.
Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Exide Technologies () is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 129 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.
Requisition ID 2018-1745
Category Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS)
Position Type Regular Full-Time